ACCOMMODATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
*Terms and Conditions apply.
Subject to availability. By clicking on the ‘Book Now’ button, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
- Reservations are subject to availability and actual pricing at the time of booking
- All quotes are valid for 24hrs only. Any verbal quote given is an estimate only of price, which will be subject to written advice on confirmation of reservation.
- Payment in full is required at the time of booking or any other date noted on the invoice.
- All reservations will be confirmed by email with an official invoice.
- Summer and High Season Bookings – No refunds are given on bookings cancelled within 14 days of arrival.
- Spring/Autumn/Winter (not including High Season) – No refunds are given on bookings cancelled within 72 hours of arrival.
- There will be NO refunds if your stay is cut short for any reason.
- Refunds falling outside these times will be provided less any booking fees incurred by the Sandcastle House for the transaction ie Swikly/Stripe/Paypal and general banking transfer fees.
- Where a cancellation is covid related, automatic refunds will be provided.
Check in and check out
- Prior to check-in the Swikly Deposit must be made and online check-in form must be completed.
- Standard check- in time is 2.00pm. The name of the booking (or nominee) must be the person checking in.
- Standard check- out time by 10.00am.
- Late check-out up to 11.00 am is at the discretion of the Sandcastle House and must be requested the night before check out.
- Late check out after 11.00am will incur the full rate of one (1) nights’ accommodation.
- Self check-in is available.
- Additional persons (including infants) will incur an additional charge of $20 per person, per night.
General terms and conditions
- Prior to arrival, guests will be required to provide a deposit via Swikly and photo identification to cover any charges.
- Damage, breakages, theft, and losses are the tenants’ responsibility during their stay and will be charged accordingly.
- Additional cleaning fees may apply for blood, faeces and other bodily fluids outside of normality of a clean.
- The consumption of drugs in the Sandcastle House is strictly prohibited and may result in termination of booking, dismissal of guest without a refund and legal prosecution.
- Smoking is not permitted at any time inside the Sandcastle House or on the back deck. An additional $200 cleaning fee will be charged for any cigarette butts found around the perimeter or where there is evidence of smoking inside.
- Pets are not allowed at the Sandcastle House. Where a guest is found to have a pet, a $200 fee will be charged for the cost of cleaning the house and the Police will be called to escort you off the premises. You will also not be refunded for any costs to shorten your stay.
- For the enjoyment of all guests, noise restrictions apply after 10pm. Excessive noise is not tolerated and where a noise complaint is made to us, we will refer the matter to the local police.
- The number of guests must not exceed the number stated on the booking confirmation notice or subsequently agreed in writing or email
- Lost or stolen keys will incur a $200 fee. Attempts will be made to contact the guest who will be given the opportunity to return keys taken. Failure to do so will result in the fee being deducted from the Swikly booking deposit.
- Room degradation (such as vomit, bodily wastes on either walls, carpets or supplied line) a $200 cleaning fee will be charged, plus any professional floor cleaning charges at cost, plus a daily room tariff equal to the daily tariff that we would charge if the room was available to be let or any other rate that may be agreed to by the Sandcastle House, in accordance with business demand on the day, until the said room has been returned to its saleable condition.
- The breach of any of the above conditions may result in immediate termination of rental and charges
- Where guests do not follow the check out procedures the following costs will apply: $25 clean dishes, $10 per bed requiring linen stripped, $10 per bin requiring emptying (kitchen bins and bathroom bins).
- Zero tolerance party policy.
- In the interest of quiet enjoyment and respect for all neighbouring residents, a no party policy applies to all guests staying at the property.
- Guests are expected to be respectful of other neighbours at all times, and to be quiet between 10pm-7am.
Cooking & Fire
- Fees for additional cleaning may apply should guests not clean the oven, stove or any cooking appliance and leave it in a state requiring additional cleaning above a surface level clean.
- Due to Fire regulations, the Sandcastle House must be aware of number of guests per each stay.
- Should the Fire Alarm be activated, the cost of Emergency Services attending, will be charged to the guest.